Healthy Eating Habits Begin at Home
Getting children to eat nutritious foods isn't always an easy task. When most kids reach for a snack, they aren't likely to choose a banana over a chocolate chip cookie or milk instead of soda. So, as a parent, how do you get your children to make good food choices? The most effective way is to model good nutritional habits yourself. Here are some things you can do:
- Resist the temptation to "super size" meals, even those eaten at home.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Go for fresh fruit juices (instead of those with added sugar).
- Keep bite-sized portions of fruits and vegetables on hand.
- Choose baked or grilled food instead of fried.
- Exercise together as a family.
- Allow sweet treats or fast-food fries from time to time, remembering that moderation is the key.